Monday, August 5, 2013

Scales

    This morning I had a slice of the delicious cinnamon raisin loaf warm and slathered with butter. A great way to start out the day.
    I get happy and proud when my dishes come out to the correct taste and consistency. It is a sign of my progress and that the recipe is a hit. I know after baking a loaf, I can follow the same exact steps as the last time and get perfect loaves again and again. Sometimes though the environment works against you but the baker must try to recreate the same environment day after day. This is why the scale I use to weigh measurements is so important. The scale is a way to ensure consistency because a pound of flour one day is the same as a pound of flour the next. I use a Soehnle digital kitchen scale with 33 lb capacity. Any digital scale is a must in a baker's kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment