- Large Bowl
- 11x7 in baking pan
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour and yeast. Whisk the salt into the flour mixture
2. Heat the milk, sugar, and butter in a saucepan on low heat just until the butter is melted, let cool for a few minutes then whisk in the egg.
3. Using the mixer's dough hooks, mix the flour mixture and the egg mixture. Knead until the dough is smooth and just a little sticky when touched. Scrape the dough into a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap to rise until doubled about an hour
4. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured counter and separate into golf size pieces, there should be around twenty-four. The easiest way to do this is to roll into a log and divide in half and repeat until you get the right size for the rolls. Put the formed rolls into the greased 11x7 baking pan in rows and make sure the rolls touch each other. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise until doubled or about an hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 F toward the end of the rising time. Put the pan on the center rack and bake for 15 mins or until the rolls are golden brown. Unmold and let cool on a wire rack for a few minutes. You will want to eat these while they are still warm.